The Diocese of El Camino Real is devoted to supporting the local parishes and leadership. This is not simply true among her staff but also among the very members throughout this Diocese. The Committee on Vitality and Growth (CVG) is a volunteer team that is available to help any individual or parish seeking vitality and growth.
CVG was created by resolution of the Board of Trustees of the Episcopal Diocese of Camino Real on December 20, 2007. The Committee for Vitality and Growth (CVG) meets on the last Saturday of each month from 10am to noon. Locations vary month to month.
To facilitate parishes and missions in developing excellence in ministry within the context of a healthy organization and with due attention to its environment by connecting best practices within our Diocese and from outside resources.
- To develop and share articles & Best Practices that tell the story of how parishes around the Diocese have achieved some measure of vitality.
- To provide both resources, workshops and forums throughout the Diocese to increase our dialog and explore together how to enhance our service in ways that create vitality.
- To advise and give oversight to congregations.
- To testify and give oversight individuals and congregations about the blessings that come with good stewardship of our gifts, talents, time and treasures.
- To advise, encourage and give oversight to congregations throughout the Diocese as they prayerfully devote themselves to cultivating vitality.
The members of CVG are all active members or clergy of a parish in our Diocese. The team has differing gifts, skills and styles. Any of us would welcome an invitation to visit your church or facilitate a forum to help you faith community experience spiritual vitality. Currently the team includes these individuals:
Serving as Chair of the Committee
The Rev. Canon Jesus Reyes
Canon of the Diocese of El Camino Real and Liaison to BOT
The Rev. John Buenz
Serving the Diocese as priest at large and for special circumstances
The Rev. Rick Matters
Rector of All Saints’ Parish in Carmel
The Rev. Ernest Cockrell
Retired Rector of St. Andrews, Saratoga
Parish Administrator at All Saints’ Parish in Carmel
To inquire about membership feel free to contact Pat Williams. To learn more about the roles, events, resources and abilities of this team you are welcome to speak to any members of CVG. If your church is a member of the Diocese of El Camino Real and you have an article you would like published please fill out this form.